Hyve’s Environment, Social and Governance strategy
We want to redefine sustainability within our industry and use our unique influence to educate, empower and drive positive change across the global industries we work with.
We are experts in connecting people and forming communities.
We will use those skills to support communities both local to the events we run, and to champion global enterprise & innovation.
Some initiatives you will see on-site at Breakbulk Americas 2022
- We are providing Breakbulk branded reusable bottles to cut out plastic bottles on-site, we will be providing water dispensers around the venue to refill water bottles
- We are using carpet that is 90% recycled and has an average aisle carpet having a 5-time reuse rate Semi-paperless onsite office, transitioning to fully paperless in 2023
- We have drastically reduced our paper usage on site and encourage use of the Breakbulk app in support of this. Our aim is to have everything on the app, including the show guide by 2025
- Where paper has been used, we are using suppliers who provide recycled paper, sustainable printing inks and recycle all print machine waste
- Our promotional items have been sourced wherever possible from recycled materials
- ‘Green’ graphic production approach which saves 10,000 tons of material each year from going to a landfill. (Direct-to substrate printers eliminating more than 1.5 million sqf of paper and plastic product yearly, recycled and recyclable graphic panels to replace foam-core, reusable graphic panels)
- Reusable rental exhibits
- Paperless ordering system
- We will be recycling all badges and lanyards, please make sure you utilise the recycling bins around the venue
- All plastic cups on-site are recycled and compostable
- Process for recycling exhibitor waste easy on-site in partnership with the George R Brown Convention Center